Tuesday 6 November 2012

Street Photography

I recently checked out this book from the library;
 
Street Photography Now- Sophie Howarth and Stephen McLaren for street photography inspirtation, this book contained lots of brilliant street photographers and different ways they photograph. Some of my favourite and the ones whom I feel I can take inspiration from were;
 
-Maciej Dakowicz
 
 
 
 
In Dakowicz series Cardiff after dark he chooses to photograph the events that take place as clubs and bars in a busy area start to shut. I think photographing drunk people is a slightly risky process as they can be unpredicatable but his photographs are technically good aswell as being thought-provoking and often slightly humorous and this is an idea I could defiently try in Preston.
 
-David Gibson
 
 
 
David Gibson's street photography looks at picking interesting people and moments out of a crowd, he states that he 'seeks out elegance, graphic shapes and also often a sense of a story going on. I like photographs that draw you in, that surprise and delight and have you asking ‘what is going on here?”'. I particularly like the images where he's seen something interesting such as the dinosaur above and waited for the right people to walk by to help make it a successful image.
 
- Jesse Marlow
 
 



 
Australian photographer Jesse Marlow's black and white series wounded shows people with bandages, plasters, casts etc that have hurt themselves. I like the idea of doing street photography with a set idea in mind to make it more interesting and challening so whilst he has decided to photograph only wounded people I could use a similar idea in only photographing families or people with blonde hair etc.
 
-Gus Powell
 - The fall
 -Our Secret
Passo Doble
 
Taken from the series Lunch Pictures, I have included the titles of these images because I think they help to illustrate the images and make them more interesting. These are quite simple images about just capturing the right things at the right moments, and I think that when doing my own street photography I will have to photograph thousands of pictures to only get a small selection of interesting images.

No comments:

Post a Comment