Tuesday 20 November 2012

My own work in the style of Ram Martinez

 
To create work inspired by Ram Martinez I wanted to try re-photographing photographs, to do this I printed images stuck them to card and created miniature style studios in which to photograph the images. I started by first creating a self-portrait by using materials and items I found around my room.

 
 
 
I felt this worked well but some of the items weren't of much sentimental meaning to me they were just found items. So I decided to try again and this time actually buy and choose things to create a sort of dark club scene.
 

 
I felt this was a lot more successful than the self-portrait one as it created a story to the image. I think the main thing I have learnt from this task is how important the framing of an image can be in changing or complementing the themes within the image.


No comments:

Post a Comment