Tuesday 6 November 2012

Advertising

I have looked at numerous types of advertising for different products and how they make adverts suitable for different target audiences, but have decided to only concentrate on two types of product advertising for this mini project; make-up and shoe advertising. I have done this because I think to look at all different types of advertising would have been a major project and their is a wide enough variety of advertising for shoes and make-up to create enough research.

To begin I looked at the types of make-up advertising found in two fashion magazines Elle and Vogue;

Uses dark colours to advertise a dark mascara, expressionless face and simple studio set up.

Using the name of the product bouquet to help create the theme behind the image. touching her face to bring more attention to it.

Natural make up hair and clothes to advertise the most basic make-up product foundation, using neutral tones.
Matching the advert to the colour of the packaging, simple expression.

Quite different from some of the other adverts I've looked at using only blue and red colours in this image and interesting use of turning the models face upside down to emphasis the 'Rouge' lipstick.

Dark colours, simple expression again, bit more funky and fun to be possibly aimed at a younger audience.
 
I think the main things I will use when trying to create my own make-up advertising images.
- The use of studio.
- Simple expressions.
- Placing hands close to face.
- Using tones and clothing similar to the products I choose to advertise.

No comments:

Post a Comment